Friday, December 9, 2011

Good weave or bad weave! (product review)

VS



People are always asking me what hair to use when the do their sew in! ask no more this blog is for you!


I wear a lot of sew ins it's considered one of my best protective hairstyles EVER! Being natural is a wonderful thing but at times the hairstyles tend to a get bit juvenile. One day I looked up and my son and I had the same hairstyle lol! My son is 4 people! HEY don't judge me in the two piece bikini i was pregnant(8months) with Christian! A lot of people assume that women wear weave for confidence. But it's ok to not want to wear your fro out until you reach your hair goal. For one if you're not comfortable with your hair you tend to mess in it A LOT which makes your REAL hair break off or putting too much heat or products on the hair which causes problem too!

I wear sew in to protect my hair and to keep me from messing in it all the time (I get bored easily). So I can do all the curling, tugging, and putting products on my hair.





   With my sew in, I have used all kinds of brands! As of late, I have been trying to stick with the high quality remy hair. I normally use goddess (natural yaki) and the regular yaki for length! But due to a buy one get one free sale I tried the velvet remy natural yaki. It was more expensive than goddess so I figured it has to be awesome! WELL NOT SO MUCH! The deal breaker for me is SHEDDING! I can't stand when my weave sheds its ridiculous. This hair by velvet shed so much that my tracks are thinning out and making it hard to reuse it! The hair is beautiful it looks like natural hair (pressed), curls pretty, and doesn't get tangled. But it sheds so I guess the weft is bootleg?!
 
 




 Judging from my experience I wouldn't use this hair unless you can seal the hair on the tracks a little bit better (maybe super glue and let it dry first?! Especially if you're doing sew in, not glue) I kept my hair in a bonnet and tried to Comb it gently. I also wash it with conditioner (co wash) and the weave likes it along with my natural hair under it!



velvet
goddess
I will always recommend Goddess over velvet remi hair any day! Because of the lack of shedding! neither are the highest quality of hair but if you cant get virgin Indian hair then i will choose goddess remi hair!

1 comment: