Thursday, November 3, 2011

TAME MY EDGES (product review)

Having natural hair is a job within its self! I use to be so scared of going natural because my edges would look so nappy. I mean it's ok to have a big kinky fro but NOT MY EDGES! When i decided to go natural 4 years ago, i was still relaxing my edges and a small section in the top(for sew in purposes only)! But i got tired of my hair being 2 different textures and the significant amount of breakage it caused. Now these areas are trying to play catch up with the rest of my fro! So I would braid my edges up with weave when I did my styles so I could treat them. I've tried so many things to tame my edges since I've let the relaxed go but failed until now!!
The Olive oil version
I have two products for you to try! Natural hair or relaxed hair it can work for you! The first product is Argan oil or Olive oil ECO Style gel. This is good for our edges or a successful twist out(natural hairstyle)vans it's less than $5! I know some women with natural hair don't want to put gel in their hair because if the alcohol in it. But this gel has argan and olive oil in it so it won't be harsh on the hair. Before I found this gel I would protect my hair with coconut oil before applying gel to my hair but with the Eco style gel I don't have to BONUS!
The next item is hicks edges. It's $15.00 but well worth it! Its made especially for my people with nappy excuse me natural hair. It puts you in the mind of jam but way less greasy! As soon as you put this stuff on your edges, They immediately lay down without the brush! It looks like my edges are relaxed! I highly recommend this product for your edges ESPECIALLY if you have short and nappy edges!
     And of course you should tie down your hair with a satin scarf to preserve the style and the way your edges are laying. So now you don't have to be scared these products make your edges look like you got that "good hair" lol I'm playing we all got "good hair" just got to know how to handle it!

    Here I've laid my edges down with the hicks edges and did 2 two-strand twist and left the hair in the back out and curly. Although I have this sew in you can clearly do this with you curly fro as well.









I provided some links to some of the products that i think would be good for our hair CHECK THEM OUT! Don't be afraid of the links lol. And if you have questions you can comment here, @ me on twitter I DO RESPOND, and I've also heard its easier to respond through Facebook but until then good people stay happy and slick nappy!


2 comments:

  1. just wanted to see if the comments will work

    ReplyDelete
  2. could u post a pic of you using the ECO as well and do these products flake?

    ReplyDelete