Monday, October 31, 2011

The Mommy Struggle!!!

   I just love being a mommy I really do but the role we play can be very overwhelming! We are the nurturers, providers, disciplinary, teachers, friends, co signers etc. I know I'm not the only parent that gets overwhelmed thinking about the dependence your kids has and will have on you for The rest of their lives! Mommy will always be there of course!!
   My Boyfriend and i are trying to get my 4 year old son sleeping in his room all night. In the beginning, he was coming to our room at 4:30am EVERY MORNING! He said he was scared, he would be in tears, and trying to climb in our bed. I feel so guilty because before we moved in with my BF, my son slept with me ALWAYS!! I felt comfortable, safe, and at peace. I can honestly say me and the my little guy was attached at the hip. We did everything together and now that he had to sleep in his own bed in his OWN room it's killing me! Before you say anything, I already know that he has to become independent and self soothe. Babying him doesn't help but I can't help feeling guilty. I'm guilty because I think my son doesn't think I love him anymore because I won't stay in his room nor let him stay in our room. I battle with this every night Because I feel like I'm neglecting him especially when he says " mommy I just want to share my pillow with you" and my heart just breaks. How can you say no to that face!

Staying isn't the right thing to do but being right ain't always fair. Im always worried, I'm paranoid, and afraid that he's scared! Especially now that i have baby Christian which stays in the room with us(but in his own crib) i really think Xavier feelings are hurt when he can't stay. Now I explain that we love him and we are so proud of him for staying in his room. I also told him to think happy thoughts like we saw on the Sprout channel. It's gotten ALOT better now! 98% of the time he stays in his room He does a lot better with my boyfriend at bedtime because i think it's a man thing! My boyfriend and Xavier's dad just see it different because they're men and I'm far more emotional lol. But i play classical music so both boys can sleep sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. We are trying to get both boys to go to sleep on their own without us sleeping or rocking them and the music helps. They both went to sleep without me and if Xavier didn't sleep so wild, I would let sleep together..........sometimes lol
I also went to on Baby Center and got some advice as well. Click the link-----> Night visitors  they also suggested we have a sleep over in his room and that sounds fun! Any other mothers out there that feel my pain HELP How do I ease my guilt? Leave a comment I'd love to hear some advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment